Circle of the Dragon's Crystal-Unfolding

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Lemur, Nyt, ModernMage  
Forum » Open Forums » Open Pagan Forum » Stonehenge design was 'inspired by sounds' (Article about the possible origins of Stonehenge)
Stonehenge design was 'inspired by sounds'
CelineDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 8:31 AM | Message # 1
Beith
Group: Novitiates
Thank you Nyt for suggesting I look at this!

Stonehenge design was 'inspired by sounds'
By Jonathan Amos

"Steven Waller's intriguing idea is that ancient Britons could have based the layout of the great monument, in part, on the way they perceived sound."

NytDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 4:35 PM | Message # 2
Duir
Group: Administrators
I really enjoyed that article smile I don't think that "just" sound inspired stonehenge, however this may fit more with vibrations. Interesting possibilities in any case.

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith"

The world is changing, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air.

CelineDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 4:47 PM | Message # 3
Beith
Group: Novitiates
I don't think that "just" sound inspired stonehenge . . .

Nor do I. I think the creation of Stonehenge had many motivations. The article presents an interesting idea though. Regardless, it's so much fun to speculate about Stonehenge!

NShepardDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:23 AM | Message # 4
Luis
Group: Fold
A question one might ask ones-self is; Was Stonehenge constructed using sound technology?
Like the type of sound technology that was used in the construction of Coral Castle.

LemurDate: Tuesday, 2012-03-20, 4:48 PM | Message # 5
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Group: Administrators
It's an interesting theory for certain. However I'm not sure if they've proved anything regarding Stonehenge's acoustics themselves. And maybe I don't entirely understand what the author is trying to say.

Frankly, if you want amazing acoustics, go to the Widow Jane Mine in Rosendale, NY. It's an abandoned cement mine that is now part of a historical site/landmark. The Rosendale cement there (one of the finest types of cement in the world and used to make the Capitol Building and a few other DC landmarks) was dug out, leaving a watery cave which is now used occasionally for concerts because of the amazing acoustics. It was in some movie, but I forget which.

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein

Forum » Open Forums » Open Pagan Forum » Stonehenge design was 'inspired by sounds' (Article about the possible origins of Stonehenge)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: