Circle of the Dragon's Crystal-Unfolding

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Lemur, Nyt, ModernMage  
Forum » Open Forums » Open Pagan Forum » So what's your favorite material to make runes out of?
So what's your favorite material to make runes out of?
ModernMageDate: Monday, 2012-01-09, 11:31 PM | Message # 1
Nion
Group: Administrators
I gotta say my all time favorite is human bone. The femur has a wonderfully flat, long section that cuts down into the right amount of pieces. A dremel (all time favorite tool) works great here. Caution: Wear a face mask and goggles! You don't want to breathe this stuff in. Cut your tiles, shape them and polish if desired, then mix a little blood (your own, the bones owners, whatever) into your red pigment and you're ready to inscribe. Let dry completely.

If you're a woman, you can charge your runes during your monthly cycle by placing them within your lady parts and concentrating on the runes energy (yes on at a time). Then birth the rune while intoning the name. Guys we're screed here. Using your own blood mixed with the pigment works well, and then one by one, hold each tune in your hands and blow the life into it while intoning the runes name and energy.

By far the strongest runes I've ever made.

LemurDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-10, 0:06 AM | Message # 2
She Who Must Be Obeyed
I'm glad you asked, since as part of my upcoming rune class we;lll need runes.

But human bone? Really, what do you do, dig up the graveyards?

Seriously though, my actual favorite material is salt dough. I make a mix of salt, water, and flour. Then I add in my favorite incense blend. Roll it out then cut out tablets for each rune.

Much cheaper than stones (and less challenging than grave robbing).

And since I empower the incense/herbs I add to the mix, it works powerfully.

DO coat your runes with some kind of poly or sealant, especially if you live in a humid climate. Or else you will have soggy runes. Nobody likes soggy runes, trust me.

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein

LemurDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-10, 0:07 AM | Message # 3
She Who Must Be Obeyed
For those of us crones there IS no monthly cycle.

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein

ModernMageDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-10, 10:31 PM | Message # 4
Nion
Haha no grave robbing. There is a website (www.boneroom.com) that sells all types of bones. Disclaimer: Please check your state laws. Their material is sold legally howeve some states are very picky about necromancy.

The main reasons I mentioned are two-fold. Historically (from what I researched) runes used to be made from the slain enemies of runviki's. I have found that the higher the intelligence of the material, the better the runes. For example, wood runes would be smarter than stone, and none smarter than wood. Of course, in modern time you can't just use any material. Make sure whatever you use (bone, wood, stone) is attained (harvested?) legally. I actually got inspired by someone who made a set from bull bones.

Like any magickal material, make sure to make friends with the material first! If there are any negative or incompatible energies give the materials a proper burial (even stone or leaf).

Though <evil grin> I also remember when you made me divine using carpet lint so it begs to be answered which is more important, the Diviner or the tool?

ModernMageDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-10, 10:48 PM | Message # 5
Nion
Here's a link to a set made out of water buffalo
https://www.wiccanway.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=205

JustinDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-11, 4:34 PM | Message # 6
Luis
Group: Blocked
I have clay runes and Birch wood runes. Sometimes I put them all together; inter-changing each. Which makes it interesting and more fun for me. I know I'm nuts.

If one knows the good, one will always be good. If a person does something wrong, it is because they simply do not know what good is. Aristotle Plato Socrates

ModernMageDate: Friday, 2012-01-13, 10:49 PM | Message # 7
Nion
Nah not nuts at all. You gotta use what feels right.

ShadowDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 11:29 AM | Message # 8
Luis
Group: Fold
I'm ingrigued by human bone runes....of course I have no monthly cycle either so I'll just have to breath life into them. Besides, I doubt my fiance would like it very much if he found a rune in my lady parts

It's not that I'm rebelling...oh wait, yes it is

NytDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 1:40 PM | Message # 9
Duir
I like stone, it also feeds and drinks very well. I would not use lady parts blood in either case, thats what a lancet is for smile

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith"

The world is changing, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air.

LemurDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 9:04 PM | Message # 10
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Personally not wild about putting foreign objects in my lady parts - and especially not bones. Maybe as a guy, MM doesn't get how uncomfortable that could be.

ShadowDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-25, 7:31 AM | Message # 11
Luis
I can always fix that evil

It's not that I'm rebelling...oh wait, yes it is

ModernMageDate: Thursday, 2012-01-26, 11:28 PM | Message # 12
Nion
Lol Hey I'm gay so while I may not have lady parts I've definitely stuck things where the sun don't shine.

KaneferDate: Friday, 2012-01-27, 7:24 PM | Message # 13
Beith
Group: Novitiates
I find this discussion interesting, on a couple of levels...

JustinDate: Saturday, 2012-01-28, 2:25 PM | Message # 14
Luis
Group: Blocked
cute Modern Mage

a bone r in places that don't shine?

If one knows the good, one will always be good. If a person does something wrong, it is because they simply do not know what good is. Aristotle Plato Socrates

Message edited by Justin - Sunday, 2012-01-29, 11:13 PM

NShepardDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 5:43 PM | Message # 15
Luis
Wow, definately some interesting comments, philosophies etc. Certainly not a dull group!!!!
I gotta say though, all joking around aside, how do u know that putting you're blood on the runes as a method of consecration, then charging them is not attracting qliphothic forces. The more u use you're runes under these conditions the greater the debt becomes that these qliphothic entities demand, if payment is not fairly met they will extract it through setting up seemingly coincidental instances where the energy from either you're tears, pain or sweat and/or a combination thereof is taken from u. In my opinion i do not feel that this practice is a good or responsible aproach for beginners to take, however i welcome any commentary on the subject.

Forum » Open Forums » Open Pagan Forum » So what's your favorite material to make runes out of?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: